How to install WhatsApp on Apple Watch? Step by Step for Apple Watch WhatsApp. When using your Apple Watch as a second screen for your iPhone, you’ll want to link it to WhatsApp, one of the most popular messaging platforms in the world.
But there is no official WhatsApp app for the Apple Watch. However, it is possible to receive notifications and reply to messages directly from your wrist.
If you want more advanced features, you can download a third-party service for a richer user experience.
How to install WhatsApp on Apple Watch, Step by Step for Apple Watch WhatsApp
Learn how to download Apple Watch WhatsApp or WhatsApp on Apple Watch by following our guide below. There you will find the main steps to configure WhatsApp notifications and download an alternative to WhatsApp Apple Watch.
Read Also: Apple Watch Series 6
Receive WhatsApp notifications on Apple Watch
Enable WhatsApp notifications for Apple Watch
If you go through the standard official channels, you can receive notifications and responses from Apple Watch. However, you need to make sure that notifications are turned on first so that they are reflected on your phone.
- Access the Watch app on your iPhone.
- On the My Watch tab, tap Notifications.
- Scroll down to WhatsApp and make sure the switch is green.
Once notifications are enabled, you will find that your wrist buzzes when a message is sent.
However, can you send messages on WhatsApp through Apple Watch?
Yes and no. You cannot start a new message, send a voice message, dictate a message, or enter complete replies.
However, you can choose from a list of simple response options, such as B. “Hello”, “What’s up?”, “OK”, or “On the way”.
In addition, you can record a personalized response via voice recognition and send it directly to the recipient.
How to reply to a WhatsApp message from Apple Watch?
- Go to the received WhatsApp message notification on the Apple Watch
- Tap Reply
- Scroll down and select one of the personalized responses
- If you want to create your own reply, you can press the microphone and record your message.
Download a WhatsApp alternative for Apple Watch
As mentioned above, no official WhatsApp apps are available for the Apple Watch. WhatsApp on Apple Watch. However, that doesn’t mean that there aren’t any third-party alternatives to choose from in the Apple Watch App Store.
It should be noted that there are many choices, free and paid. It can be difficult to determine which third-party WhatsApp solutions are the most effective and reliable for delivering a richer experience. In our experience, WatchChat 2 (which costs $ 2.99) WhatsApp on Apple Watch is probably the first choice, at least for now.
Not only can you use it to view and send messages in all of your existing chats, as well as use dictations and scribbles, but you can also get started very easily. Here’s how:
- Go to the Watch app on your iPhone and tap the App Store.
- Enter “WatchChat 2” in the search field and download the app to your Apple Watch.
- Once downloaded, open the app on your Apple Watch.
- Then go to WhatsApp on your iPhone before going to Settings> WhatsApp Web> Scan QR Code.
- Scan the QR code that appears on Apple Watch.