WhatsApp on Galaxy Watch Active & Active 2: The Galaxy Watch Active & Watch Active 2 are now available to purchase in most countries. Galaxy Watch Active is the first wearable from Samsung which comes without the rounded bezel, makes it the first bezel-less smartwatch & Watch Active 2 is the first wearables that come with a digital bezel.
Now the question is how both smartwatches will perform in extreme conditions? Most customers are complaining about an empty app store that has nothing to make it the best smartwatches compare to its rivals. Though the Galaxy App Store has some essential apps to fulfill all user’s needs.
Why need WhatsApp on Watch?
WhatsApp is the one app user always searches on their smartphone and now they search on their smartwatches. It is easier to send & receive messages on the wrist via this Messenger app.
Sadly, the WhatsApp on Galaxy Watch is missing from the Samsung smartwatches. It is not even submitted on previous watches nor on the Apple & Android watches. Though there is a way to use WhatsApp on the new Samsung Galaxy Watch Active & Active 2.
You have to follow some simple steps to get all you need from the app.
Here are the steps for how to use WhatsApp on Galaxy Watch Active & Active 2.
Guide to Use WhatsApp on Galaxy Watch Active & Active 2
1. First, pair your Galaxy Watch Active or Active 2 with your Android or Apple smartphone.
To pair, you must download the Galaxy Wearable app from the Play Store or iOS App Store. Now open the app & select your smartwatch. Here, pair it using Bluetooth to make a successful login.
2. Download WhatsApp on the smartphone (in case you don’t have it) and login to it.
3. Now open the Wearable app on the paired smartphone and tap on the Notifications option.
4. Here, you will see the Manage notifications option. Open it.
5. Now scroll down until you see the WhatsApp option.
6. You will see the Toggle key in front of the app. Tap on it to activate it.
7. That’s it. You have successfully activated WhatsApp on the watch to receive all messages.
8. To read all incoming messages swipe Home Screen from left to right.
You can reply or delete the WhatsApp Messages within the watch.
Note: On your Galaxy Watch Active or Active 2 you will receive messages from those contacts or groups which you haven’t muted. For a reason, if you have mute some contacts or groups in your WhatsApp, then you will not receive those messages.
In the latest firmware update, Samsung has pushed support for WhatsApp images on Galaxy Watch Active 2. Now users can view the incoming messages with all the inside images on the smartwatch. The irony is you have to enable automatic download media on your paired smartphone. This way, it will consume some of your internet data, but you can see all the WhatsApp images on Active 2. In the near future, the update may come to Galaxy Watch & Galaxy Watch Active.
View Latest Galaxy Watch here